Friday, October 22, 2010

Eggshells in the Cake Batter



This weekend I will be celebrating my 51st birthday with my Oldest Daughters family. Grandpa and I will be providing some much needed baby sitting so Mom and Dad can go to a Ball (they really are going to a Ball). We have 2 grand daughters age 6 weeks and 3.5 years. On the agenda is play, play, play, and bake a cake. I can’t wait. If I can find some ducks to feed and a pumpkin to carve I will also add that in.

Becoming a Grandmother is a wonderful thing. Its true, all the glory and none of the work. I’m sure I won’t get much sleep this weekend and will smell like spit up. There may even be some eggshells in the cake batter. I can’t wait.

Here is a poem by Barbara Cage…
“A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes. She is someone you can tell your secrets and worries to, and she hopes and prays that all your dreams come true. She always loves you, no matter what. She can see past temper tantrums and bad moods, and makes it clear that they don't affect how precious you are to her. She is an encouraging word and a tender touch. She is full of proud smiles. She is the one person in the world who loves you with all her heart, who remembers the child you were and cherishes the person you've become.”

No comments:

Post a Comment