Monday, May 20, 2013

its been a long time....


Its been a long time since the last time I wrote on this blog. I got that job I had interviewed for that I wish I had sold myself better at, and  I left that job after 15 months and over 20 late paychecks. We've had graduations, new babies, health scares, family trips, promotions, etc, etc, etc...

Its May 20 2013 and I am currently employed at Salt Lake Community College Dental Hygiene Department. After leaving my previous job I took a few months to find a job where I could do some professional development and be surrounded by educated people. Academia is just what I needed after over a year of  working for a  start-up that felt more like a poorly written sitcom. Like most experiences I gained knowledge, I know what I can put up with and what I can not, and I added characters to my repertoire.

So much has happened since I last wrote but one of the biggest events is that my 5th daughter Carolyn will be serving a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Dominican Republic for 18 months. She leaves June 5th for Santa Domingo and will be entering the Missionary Training Center   for 6 weeks to polish up her Spanish and learn how to be a missionary. After that she will be living with, and serving the people of the Dominican Republic until December 2013. I am excited and proud of Carolyn for her desire to serve, I'm also going to miss her.

My goal with this blog is to share my experience of being the mother of a missionary  and to share some of my adventures since I last wrote. Its May 20, 2013, I am 53, the mother of 6, mother-in-law to 2, grandmother of 3, and married for 29 years. The adventures just keep coming.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back!! I've been wondering what you're up to. :)

    ReplyDelete